Meet Matthew Elias McQueen:
Interview with Matthew and WVIU Radio:
Intro: Hello WVIU Radio listeners, fans and supporters! We are pleased and excited to have the opportunity to interview an incredible artist. He is an Award-Winning Christian Singer-Songwriter and Entrepreneur!
We are over-joyed to introduce to some and present to others, the one and only Matthew Elias McQueen!!
1. So, Matthew... You've been apart of the WVIU Radio family for quite some time now. About 5+ years, but you've been writing music a lot longer than that. You also won "Songwriter of the Year" during the WVIU Music Awards in 2022!
Can you tell us exactly how long you've been doing music?
I have been writing songs & singing from the early age of 5 years old and I started playing the piano in my late to mid 20’s.
2. Who inspired you to make music?
My late grandfather and most of my family being very into the arts inspired
me to sing and gave me great inspiration growing up.
3. How would you describe the music that you typically create?
All of the music that I try to create steams from my relationship with God!
4. What is your creative process like?
I usually create songs based off of my life experiences and the revelation
that the Holy Spirit may drop into my heart at the time.
5. How long does it usually take you to write a new song?
It depends where I am at spiritually, mentally and physically. I have written
songs in a day. Other times it takes me a few weeks, to even a few months to
get the song right in my ears and heart.
6. Who would you most like to collaborate with?
I have always wanted to collaborate with Lauren Daigle, Lecrae, & Tori Tellem
7. If you could go open a show for any artist who would it be?
Lauren Daigle, Toby mac or Lecrae
8. What’s your primary goal in life?
My primary goal is to get closer to God, Spirit, Soul and Body!
9. What would you be doing right now, if it wasn’t for your music ministry or current career?
I would probably be a pastor of a church or a traveling preacher!
10. Where have you performed?
I have performed at local churches & other states. I’ve performed also at
schools and events.
11. What are your favorite venues to perform at?
My favorite venues have been at schools & street performances.
12. Do you have any upcoming shows?
Currently working on my itinerary.
13. What is your favorite song to perform LIVE?
My new single “Miracle”
14. Which well-known musicians do you admire?
Stevie Wonder, PJ Morton, Leon Bridges, Lauren Daigle, Tori Tellem
15. What is a favorite song of yours that you’ve written? Lyric-wise? Why?
I think one of my favorite songs I have written is a song called “Remedy”.
Because it encompasses my passion for God's call on my life and the love
that fuels it.
16. What is the best advice you’ve been given?
That this life is not a sprint run, but a long-distance marathon. It's not how
you start, but how you finish!
17. At what age did you come to know Christ for yourself? Who helped you to grow in the faith?
I got saved at an early age and grew up in church. Drifted off in my early
adolescent years and rededicated myself back to christ at the age of
seventeen. Pastor Clarence Edwards was an amazing mentor and person who
encouraged me in the faith.
18. How would you encourage a person who is afraid to stand up for their Christian beliefs, morals, and values?
I would say that fear is a lying force sent to rob the world of true Godly
Freedom. Christ paid for that freedom on the cross. I would remind them
that God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power love & a sound mind.
Freedom and the life that Christ has provided for us through his blood is far
greater than any threat or antagonistic ridicule the world can throw our way.
19. How do you balance your daily life, ministry, job, music, and other responsibilities without getting burned out?
Prayer, diligence and allowing Gods word into my heart on a daily basis.
Rest and balance in all things are very important.
20. Are you currently working on any music videos?
I am currently working on some ideas I have.
21. What’s next for you?
To impact as many people with the Love of God as possible.
22. What word of encouragement would you give to your fans and to our listeners here at WVIU Radio?
To never give up hope, and that the moment you feel like quitting is an
indication that your miracle is right around the corner. God will never fail
you and that his promises are stronger and thicker than concrete.
About Matthew's New Single: "MIRACLE"
A word from the writer...
Matthew E. McQueen says:
"God gave me this song at a time in my life where I was going through a difficult challenge. I was in a dark place and needed a miracle. Mentally I was drained and in a deep depression. I lost a friend to cancer and my pastor & mentor to cancer all in the same year. My heart was hurting & broken. But God's love saved me. I've witnessed God make a way for me time & time again. He remains faithful to me and has met me on the other side of the storm! I am so grateful that he is a God that performs miracles and will never let you down.
For with God nothing is impossible! When all hope is gone, God will make a miracle happen for YOU! The miraculous is just apart of his nature and will! God will restore you Spirit, Soul & Body! He will take the broken pieces and heal them as though nothing ever happened. I love him with all my heart!